View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 28, 2014, 11:44 AM

Welcome Mitch. We have a few things in common. I was diagnosed in November of 2013. I went in to the ER for a kidney stone attack. They did a routine CBC and noticed my low blood counts. I had two bone marrow biopsies within a week that confirmed MDS. I started Vidaza within three weeks and will start my seventh cycle tomorrow. My counts bottomed out after the second cycle and have continually improved since. The goal is to be in optimum health for a stem cell transplant in the very near future. We will most likely decide on a date for the SCT this week. I just had my fifth BMB this last week. I have had no transfusions or anything except the Vidaza and Revlimid which started two cycles ago. The Vidaza generally works for a limited time and varies greatly from person to person. The important thing is to plan for what is next after Vidaza. For me, the only choice is a SCT.

This is a great forum for questions with some very knowledgeable people. So feel free to ask.