View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 11, 2015, 09:20 AM

I have the same question as the other two posters: if this is considered mini, why are they doing radiation? Why is it considered mini?

My husband had a transplant September 2009. His was given low dose chemo with no radiation. He had MDS, not AA. This may make a difference. I just wanted to write and share his experience. His donor was his sister, a perfect match. He is 100% cured of MDS. He has very little GVHD. He takes no prescription meds and hasn't for several years. We looked at Karmonos in Detroit first, but they wanted to do radiation. We chose U of M, because they would chemo only. We preferred that and it worked out well for him.

Ask questions and perhaps check other hospitals for there protocols. You are so young and there can be life after transplant. Check out all your options! All the best!
Mary, wife of Mike age 70; diagnosed MDS RARS 1999. Tried Vidaza, Revlimid, and Dacogen. SCT 10/1/09 at U of MI; induction FluBu2; sister perfect match donor. 5 years out, little to no GVHD. Off all meds. God is good