View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 06:31 AM

Thanks for your best wishes. The meeting was stressful and had good and bad outcomes.

I met with the Chairperson and deputy Chairperson and the head of Occupational Health and Safety along with my Union representative. It was acknowledged that I was the most proficient, experienced and reliable staff member in my unit. That was nice, however, I was also told that I was a worry to the organisation because IF I were to faint, hit my head and lay unconcsious it would be their responsibility.

Consequently, as they had no reason to fire me, they altered my work hours. Now they want me to only work during the week because there are more people around if I faint. Unfortunately, it means I have to increase my work hours because I will be missing out on my weekend penalty rates. I already get very tired and increasing my work hours is going to be a burden on my health. It also means that I have to take sick leave to have my transfusions instead of having them on my days off.

When does political correctness end and logic take over? I am afraid we are going to politically correct ourselves into a bottomless abyss filled with people who are afraid to open their mouths.

Obviously I'm getting older and have an older persons view on where the world is heading. GOD HELP US. I empathise with the men and women who are in the show called "Grumpy Old Women/Men". They are me to a tee.(sp)

By the way, it's 2 days since my 4 units and I'm feeling very well. Just very frustrated.

I hope what I'm experiencing at work is just an Australian idiocy and not a worldwide trend.

I've now aired my frustrations and apologise to everyone for my whinge.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion