View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2015, 06:51 AM

Hi Tracey - So sorry to hear about your continuing struggles - I don't recall the colon problem - just the lung problems - has the pneumonia at least cleared up? When are they thinking about the transplant now? How is your marrow holding up? Is the colostomy permanent or temporary? The colostomy is probably another area where they need to watch for infection and another risk factor - might influence the type of pre-transplant conditioning they use - the heart condition they discovered in me caused them to change to a not fully ablative conditioning regime - something you can ask your transplant team about, if you haven't already. If you ever want to discuss something in a private message i'm happy to - in case you don't want to go into too much detail on the board. This roller coaster must be extraordinarily difficult - so hang tough - You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015