View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 20, 2019, 07:57 AM

I wasn't taking any steroids and the whites went up to 22.7 K/uL (ANC 8.5) but are now down to 16.9 (ANC 6.5). I should say were, though, since that was last Wed. I just had a deep root scaling on the right side of my mouth on Tues. Now I have sore glands in my neck on that side and really, really, sore teeth and gums. Slightly higher than usual temp but no actual fever. Get to go back next month and have it done again on left side. Oh, joy. lol And onco doc said because of the numbers on Wed I didn't need prophylactic antibiotics. Hoping this is all a normal response and immune system takes care of it.

Red cells continue to go down (3.51 now) and platelets came up a little from 81 to 94.

Cheryl, before this my platelets have only ever gone down in response to Granix shots and would rise again, and continue to rise, until I'd get my next shot. So this was new for me, too, because I haven't been getting Granix shots with these higher ANC numbers. I'm happy to have them going back up, too.

This is all so different from my "usual" of the previous 2 years it really threw me. Although, in hindsight, I don't know that I paid attention to the whites when I had infections before.

I meet with the transplant doctor Monday to discuss my donors and make a plan. Check my email several times a day for notification that my BMB results are in and yet I'm afraid to see them.
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.