View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 08:51 PM

Smile The old Welshman

I have had 277 units of blood, Ferritin level was off the charts. Have been taking ExJade for 5 years, can only take one daily, even the one sometimes cause an upset stomach. On 10/17/11 the level was down to 2854, it does take a while, but it will come thru. I've had MDS for 7 years, transfusions started slow only had 4 the 1st year,now I'm up to 2 units every 2 to 4 weeks, it varies, most of the time it's 2 weeks. I worry more about the iron levels than I do the MDS. Other than the transfusions the only thing I take is 40,000 units of Procrit one a week, I inject my self. I have no idea what my blasts are or anything else. The only things I pay attention to is my Crt level and the ferritin. I don't worry about it, because I can't change any thing. That's the only advice I can give. worry never changed anything. I have had two Triple A operations, my appendix out twice, Arnold Chiari Malformation, 4 heart stents, I have Chron's as well. So when I say don't worry, don't. I hope everything works out for you, I know it's hard but don't let it get you down. I'm 79 years old now and I welcome each day as a marvelous event