View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 2, 2009, 08:53 AM

Still doing fine!

The Fludarabine has zero affect on me whatsoever. The Campath, though, gave me a nasty allergic response last night - a full body itchy rash (think bumpy mosquito bites all over face, chest, arms, and legs), difficulty breathing, and a raw, swollen throat but they're going to run it twice as slow today to try an minimise that. I had to get oxygen and a nebuliser to get my breathing under control during the worst of it so that was a little scary, but it was over with quickly enough. All in all, I'd rather have this than days filled feeling nauseous, as I'm perfectly fine leading up to the point when the Campath finishes (and the reaction starts).

Otherwise I'm just filling my days with sewing, origami, and other crafts, and watching The Wire and going through old films on my Tivo that my fiance hooked up to the in-room flatscreen tv for me...

oh yeah and my name's Melissa if you feel silly calling me squirrellypoo.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)

Last edited by squirrellypoo : Thu Jul 2, 2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: added real name