View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 19, 2012, 01:59 AM

1 year after ATG

hi im new to posting but ive been reading posts for about a year.my daughter marie was diagnosed 6/27/2011 with severe aplastic anemia she was treated with atg on 07/12/2011,She started with a 10% cellularity having weekly platelet transfusions an bi- weekly blood transfusions.she has been on cyclosphorine for about a year.The last bone marrow aspiration was done Feb 2012 and showed 60% cellularity.she has been transfusion free for 6 months on both lines of blood.her wbc are at 6.7 and will go up if she has a little flu or what not, her hemoglobin lingers at a 10.5 but its steady. her platlets are lingering in the 30's and have fallen down to 15 but will rise on their own.my question is how long into the atg do platlets rise significantly.Our hemotologist tells us that the platelets are the last line to come back to normality.She says that shes doing great and its a waiting game. Im happy she is responding but also slightly confused. i would appreciate any input thanks in advanced