View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 4, 2014, 07:31 PM

Thank you Sherry for your wonderful reply. I find strength in success. I am so happy for yours.

My husband and I have talked about being close to home, but you now have given me information about the length of time we will need to be close to treatment center. My husband looked and we are exactly 60.6 miles from the center in Denver. Everything else is at least a day to day and a half away, if not further.

I didn't realize the induction chemo and transplant could be a couple months apart. I feel so uneducated, but am gaining on it.

You are correct - I will be the care-taker and we have read it is 24/7, at least in the beginning. No family here, but we do have friends. Part of his worry is the role I will need to play, as he took care of his late wife. I took care of a mother and brother, so it will not be new to me - I just know it will be challenging at times.

Thank you so much for sharing and if you think of something I need to know, please feel free. I don't even know all the questions to ask at this point, but have started the list.

Thanks you again for sharing your information and wonderful success story!

Deb
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9