View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 4, 2014, 10:49 AM

Red face Thank you.

Thank you all for replying! Yesterday we met with our "local" hematologist who is two hours away. We see him every Wednesday. He ordered the cat scan upon our initial hospital visit (post bmb) before the first doctor we saw sent us to Rochester. He caught me in the hallway and seemed quite excited that he saw the thymoma. He said for a person to have two very rare conditions existing together, he can't help but to think they are related. He said typically the thymoma will cause red cell anemias but it is posted around that it can be related to AA. He has sort of backed off because Mayo has swept in giving their orders. We feel very blessed to have this guy in our corner and have encouraged him to speak up when conferring with Rochester. In Rochester, they sort of overlooked the Thymoma since first and foremost was getting him treated for the VSAA. I believe we are meeting with a thoracic surgeon when we go back next Monday. Did anyone have elevated liver enzymes initially with this disease? They are leveling off for some reason.... My husband had a blood test in June in relation to abdominal discomfort and they noted elevated enzymes leading to an abdominal ultrasound. All clear and blood counts were low normal at that time. Mayo seems to think all this started to crash around the first of July. Thymoma was about 1 inch when we started this but our local hematologist thinks it will shrink while on the steroids. He continues to comment on how good my husband looks even with his lab counts. He thinks Mayo will be shocked as well. He doesn't feel sick aside from occasional lightheadedness and the bruises which seem to be healing. I'm sorry this rambles on but my mind seems to be running fast forward as well. Tomorrow will be three weeks after finishing the atgm treatment. I am teaching and following our four kids' activities. Our small town has rallied around us and are blessing us with their help. We are praying for healing,patience and positivity and I am grateful for having found this site. I am very interested in the articles about thymomas and AA. Take care and have a great day.