Thread: Big decision
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 01:51 AM

Hello,

I'm very thankful for the replies, they have given me the courage to take extended sick leave with the ultimate goal of permanent retirement. I worked my last day yesterday and took the cowards way out by not telling my colleagues. Of course I had to inform my employer and the OH&S dept but I kept my secret from everyone else. I simply walked out of the building I have worked in for almost 23 years and didn't look back. BUT, when I got to my car, it wouldn't start. The immobiliser had developed some kind of problem, I had to call the car club and wait over an hour for them to arrive. I thought it was an omen meaning I wasn't meant to leave. Ha..

Any way, the car club man hot wired my car and I drove to the nearest auto electrician and had the immobiliser disabled permanently. I drive a 1994 Toyota and even though I leave it parked outside with the doors unlocked and the key in it, nobody but nobody will steal it. Just kidding. I have loved this car over the years but now I keep hoping something major will go wrong with it so I have an excuse to get a newer model car but this car has been and still is very reliable and I feel I should be loyal to it. Now with the financial situation I need to keep the car longer anyway.

I had my transfusion today Hb 77 Neuts 0.7, however, I didn't see a doctor. My doctor wasn't on for the day care section and the doctor who was covering didn't turn up. I guess I'll have to ring and find out when he wants to see me again but now that I'm not working it doesn't matter when that is. It does feel good not to worry about the timing of my visits.

Thanks again for the support and I'm going to have some very much needed rest for a little while.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion