View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 23, 2015, 12:28 PM

I posed the question, "Vidaza after SCT" to my doctor. They (Oregon Health and Science University, Philip Knight Cancer Institution) do not generally consider Vidaza as a maintenance program following SCT. I did relapse at about Day +230 and was immediately prescribed Vidaza at that time. I am now in my 4th cycle of Vidaza following relapse. After the 2nd cycle I showed no signs of leukemia, no genetic mutations and 100 percent donor cells. Naturally, no one knows how long this "remission" will last. The doctors did say that from their information there was not a significant difference doing Vidaza following SCT to prevent relapse. Their thinking was not to "wear out your welcome" by using Vidaza until it was definitely needed (such as my case). I don't know, and I don't know if anyone knows, the correct line of thinking. There are so many variables with each person.