Thread: Blood film
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 5, 2018, 05:05 AM

I’ve got another question. I was told today that I’ve got heart failure. This was because of the result of a blood test. I need further tests to see if the EF is normal or not to see if it’s treatable. My blood pressure is very low.

Okay, so is it possible that heart failure can contribute to haemolysis. I’ve got a raised LDH and ALP.

I’m in the middle of my 3rd blood transfusion in 4 weeks. That’s a massive change in transfusion requirement.

I’ve also had a few falls lately and currently on bed rest (and these nurses are strict!) for torn ligaments in my foot and ankle. The week before I fell and twisted my other ankle and the week before that I fell and injured my wrist. I’m feeling very debilitated. I’ve spent 4 of the last 5 weeks in hospital and feeling very pessimistic about my future.

The heart failure news was a bit of a shock...certainly had never crossed my mind.

I’ve read that valve disease and regurgitation can cause haemolysis but as far as I know I don’t have valve disease.

I don’t know if I even expect an answer. Kind of writing out my thoughts as a therapy.