View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2012, 11:37 PM

Update and upcoming BMT

Hi Karen, Neil and Lori, ..THANKS so much for replying - you are all such an inspiration. Loved reading the blogs. ummm can someone tell me how to start one? Hubby's diagnosis happened so fast, and been such a hilly ride ever since, I want to hopefully keep a running log of it all and maybe in some way pay it forward for all the help we have received along the way.

Karen, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much more right now. Praying that you will be good as new soon or sooner.

I have to say, am surprised that all three of you are so close in age to us, what we have seen at the hospital - with the exception of one fellow who has gone through a bmt with his own cells, mds returned and now looking at bmt with donor - everyone else we have seen have been at least 20 years our senior, but from visiting here, although they say it's average age is older then hubby, there sure are a lot of younger people going through this.

I hope you don't mind that I have put you on my buddy list (still too new to really know what to do with that list haha but don't want to lose contact so I can keep up on your blogs etc)..I want to be here to read how you are all continuing to get better and better.

We have gotten a ton of info on the whole process of bmt as well as I received some booklets from bethematch.org which details each period, prior, 3 months out, 6 months, year and 18 months along with a bunch for the caregiver me. Between that and being here it is making it all a lot easier to take and understand.

Thanks again, looking forward to following your journey.
Laura