Thread: Green Tea
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 12, 2011, 08:36 PM

Hey Tom!

Thanks. I took that passage to heart when I first started drinking green tea and did some research. Turns out you can spend a LOT of cash on green tea, and you can buy some seriously bad cheap green tea.

I settle on this stuff. Evidently, they sell it at Costco, but I get it from Amazon. After reading the reviews, it appeared that folks who had actually spent time in Japan found this brand pretty much what folks there would drink every day. It's made by Ito En, which is a big beverage company and the largest green tea distributor in Japan.

I like this tea because the bags are in individual envelopes and those envelopes contain some of the primo powdered Matcha tea, in addition to the Sencha tea in the bag. So the tea is actually green in your cup and it has the recommended types in it.

When I make my green iced tea, I use two tea bags (and the powder) in a half-liter beer stein, filled about half way with nearly boiling water. After it steeps for ten minutes, I fill the stein up with ice, leaving the bags in to continue steeping.

I call it "swamp water," but I've actually grown accustomed to the taste. I'm not as found as the hot version.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com