View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 9, 2013, 10:45 AM

Thanks everyone for your response. Yes after reading stuff about Dacogen i was not feeling comfortable hence turned over to you guys. I agree with you all that the best treatment for low risk mds is to be on supportive care. It does not make sense to paralyze the quality of life. Arnesp does not seem to work on my dad since the begining but the doctor is still insisting to be on it. His thinking is that if it is not increasing that HB then maybe it might be helping in delaying the raid fall. I am not sure whether we need to continue with it? Secondly if Dad feels good at 7.1 do we still go for frequent transfusions or can have more gaps in between? Although I do understand that even low hb can cause issues but was a bit reluctant to get too many transfusions. One of the theories i have learnt is that more transfusions you take the body gets more dependent on it and it stops doing its own work. Is that true? How many years can one live with supportive care? Do you guys think there is medicine coming soon with good potential?

These are few questions that keep bothering me. Will be glad to see your response.