View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 25, 2015, 12:38 PM

Hi, Data and DanL,

I wish I could give you some wonderful piece of wisdom that makes it all better, but, unfortunately, I don't really have one. I have always been the caregiver, not the patient who is the one who actually has to deal with all the treatments and the scary ramifications of this diagnosis and somehow find a way to be at peace with it all. I can tell you that my mom and my aunt and uncle did eventually get to a place where they could peacefully handle it all, and they all did it in different ways that matched their personalities. My dad is still working on it but tends to approach things in a very analytical, logical manner.

I just wanted you both to know that you have made a big impact on and have been a huge source of inspiration to complete strangers with your support of members on this forum, and if you have made such a difference to us, imagine all the people you've dealt with your entire life that have better lives because you touched them in a special way! When you are feeling down, just remember how much you mean to some many people and know that everyone is wishing you all the best!

Neil - Thank you so much for making these forums with your wife, Ruth! You are both fountains of knowledge, incredible cheerleaders, and fantastic sources of support and comfort when things don't go well. You have been through (and continue to go through) all the mountains this disease throws at people, and you took all that hardship and made a place where everyone can come together! You are both wonderful!

Chirley - Thank you so much for making smile! Your story is absolutely amazing, and I am so impressed with anyone who can keep a sense of humor even in the face of so many medical hurdles. I do so hope that you are able to go on the cruise, and that it gives you the break you need to make the decisions you are struggling with now. I've no doubt you will be the favorite passenger on board (as well as the most fashionable one)! Retail therapy is sometimes the best therapy there is!!

Sending hugs and well wishes to you all!