View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 7, 2011, 07:59 AM

Lightbulb

Hmmm Chirley, that is food for thought. I just think that too much stock is put in the #'s of any given BMB! So far, that is the big indicator, but if we are making life altering decisions, based on 1 set of #'s at a time, that's kind of scary. I can't even interpret my last one....

Well, I have raging stomach cramps and my intestines hurt! I literally woke up the am and said "aha!I think I have diverticulitis"
( I knew I had diverticul"osis", which is just the pockets--- "itis" is the inflammation/infection) which would explain the low fever, and how I felt most of the weekend---nauseaus, alternating constipation/runs--unable to eat a lot of foods......made camping in the rain unfun!

My doctor put me on Cipro yesterday, which as is turns out, is a good Rx for diverticulitis.
But my colon is throbbing this morning, and now I have to sit in a recliner for the better part of 8 hrs!

Hope the rest of you are having a better day!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly