View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:01 PM

Thank Neil, I appreciate the update. I absolutly agree with everything Karenish says and I try and succeed alot in believing in the future. Update on Trevor- Since he began cyclosporin (4/11) he has had 5 infections each from lack of care to a pic line or a port. Unfortunalty the treat him with Bactrim which I think needs to stop but they say taht is all they give. And his infections are MRSA now. With all that he was responding to the treatment until one of the infections caused him to become transfusion dependent again. His platelets recovered from this a second time and are looking great. The last count was 113. I thought his Hgb was going to also rebound as it had been 4 weeks and no transfusions. Unfortunatly they are on a decline again and transfusion of Hgb continue. Im confident that these to will rebound in time.
With that said, my question becomes, if Trevor was transfusion independent for a period of time and then got the infection and they didnt give him his meds for 3 days and then he became transfusion dependent again, would this becalled a response and a relapse.. or is it a partial response and we not consider it a relapse because it was caused by an infection and his not getting his cyclosporin for 3 days.

Pvinod- I am sorry, to misdirect your thread, but wanted you to know, I will post Trev before and after ATG numbers once I recieve his records.