Thread: mds
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 01:07 AM

Port

Hi Steve,
I completely forgot to ask my new oncologist about getting a port. He has changed my treatment cycle a bit. He wants me to get my Vidaza shots in cycles every 4 weeks instead of 6 and he wants me to get aeranesp every week. I won't begin another Vidaza cycle until next week, but I will ask the treatment nurse about it when I get my aernesp on Thursday. I hope you are recovering. I'm a bit nervous about a port. I love to swim and it seems this will prevent me from doing that. I also just had a bone marrow test last week. I'm anxious to hear the results as I've been told that it's the only definitive test to see if the Vidaza is maintaining its effectiveness - should have those results in a couple of weeks. Please keep me posted on your progress and thanks for the info.
Kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease