View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 26, 2019, 12:28 AM

Reds dropping

Hello Dan,
I will have b12 and Folic acid checked at my next appointment. Thank you for the input.

I read the old forums and found that tapering cyclosporine/immunosuppressants decrease red counts, quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
Is she taking the immunosuppressant cyclosporine? (...) It's a challenge for doctors to get the dosage just right, and to know how quickly or slowly to reduce the dosage over time. Sometimes tapering cyclosporine too quickly can cause blood counts to crash.

That happened to my wife. After trying to lower her dose and having bad counts, she had to have an increased dose, then try tapering again later. Figuring out the best does and the best schedule is as much an art as a science for doctors.
My cyclosporine was tapered in June, which coincided with the start of my Reds dropping. I think my body needs time to get used to the lack of cyclosporine. My next appointment is in 2 weeks time.

Meri

Last edited by Neil Cuadra : Tue Nov 26, 2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: inserted link to quote