View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 5, 2011, 04:07 PM

Husband starts 2nd ATG, cyclosporine Monday

Can't tell you how pleased I am to see your responses Lisa, Sally and Neil! Our household is superstressed today. Jim leaves tomorrow for the 5 hour drive to Tampa (moffitt) and the PICC line goes in and treatment begins Monday. I've made notes of all your info and suggestions to tell him about.

Re: prednisone; he hasn't been on prednisone before any transfusions at all. He was on it when he came home from Moffitt after the first round of ATG and he wasn't so much irritable as he was talkative and speedy. I had always wished I had a husband who wanted to talk more..HA! I'm now careful what I wish for. I would wake up in the AM and he'd be lying there staring at me and begin blabbing away the minute I opened my eyes. He followed me around when I went to the bathroom so he could keep up his conversation. It was hilarious and we laugh about it now.

I suspect things may be quite different this time around with the addition of the cyclosporine. I've read somewhere that it's not advisable to go out in the sun when on cyclosporine...is this true? I also read that there were two forms of cyclosporine, one that may be more easily tolerated? I will try to do a search of this board later today but any personal experience would be much appreciated.

Again thank you all so very much!
PS is it bad form to send a private email to another member?

Sherry in finally cooled off Florida