View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 26, 2017, 01:47 PM

Hello Kellie

I feel for you and your loss. It was so hard losing both parents, even eight years apart, but being able to share almost ten years with Pop and just over eighteen with mom living near them and being there for them when they needed me was a joy, and also a pitfall in my life. Being the child they raised, I owed it to them to allow them to have their wish to pass at home, but I fear that lost my wife and best friend in the process.

It is a balancing act when your own family is involved as you take on the caregiver role. I will never regret being there for my parents, but I will always regret the way I handled things with my family and who I let into my home. Basically, marriage should never be put on cruise control when taking on such a great responsibility.

Any of you new to this thread and reading it, please communicate, don't be an island and don't be afraid share the stress because you're scared somebody close to you will think you are less than they think you are. If you don't include them in your burden, the physical and mental pain that could follow can be too much to handle.

Thank you for the outpouring of Love; and once again, I am so glad Pop's journey is able to help so many.

God Bless the Patient and the Caregiver.

Scott

Forever the Son of Bob & Georgianna
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.