View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 26, 2013, 10:59 AM

Question New here...Questions about MDS del5q

Hi all,

I have been reading your forums since I was recently diagnosed in June with MDS del 5q with 7t chromosone as well. I am currently on a watch and wait, and told I will require transfusions then a SCT.

I am not really getting any answers at Royal Perth regarding what to expect, as I see different registrars that don't seem to know much and I don't see the Consultant who does (except on diagnosis).

I can't seem to find much information on del 5q with 7t. I read that mutations with chromosone 7 was not as good as if I just had del 5q. The registrar didn't tell me I had the 7t on diagnosis, I read it later on my doctors letter. He did confirm it on the next visit as I thought it was a typo.

He also was very doom and gloom about the future SCT, emphasising more on people dying than surviving that it has put the wind up me!

Can anyone shed any light on del5q, 7t and it's progression please. Any info would be appreciated.

Oh I'm 45.

Thanks
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.