View Single Post
Old Sat May 28, 2011, 11:37 AM

I agree with everything Karenish said. Those are pretty decent counts for 6 weeks out, and there's no reason to think they won't continue to improve, even if it is very slowly, over the next months and years.

Even if they don't, I doubt that they would repeat ATG as long as he's transfusion-independant. That is the criteria for "success", even if it's only a partial response. I think most of us here would consider Plts of 101 to be quite acceptable (it took my husband 4 years to get there!). You don't say what his Hgb is, but with RBCs at 2.7, I'm guessing around 10? That's not optimum, especially if he's very active, but it's liveable. Likewise WBC of 2.2. Ken's stayed in the 2s for years with no problems, although it would be good to see the neuts get a little higher.

If they appear to be stalling out at this level, you might want to discuss the possibility of giving him Neupogen to raise his ANC, and/or Procrit for his RBCs. They are both temporary measures, but can help fill in the gap until his counts catch up on their own. It worked for us.

Generally speaking, though, I say wait and see, and hope for the best!