View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 12:30 PM

AN UPDATE:

I'm sorry I haven't been back to this forum in a while, but I found it difficult to deal with he burden of telling everyone I know in real life that I didn't have any energy left to do it here, too.

My counts have all fallen dramatically and now I'm going in to hospital twice a week for counts and transfusions. After further intensive testing, the Professors at Kings (Prof Marsh and Prof Mufti) have concluded that I've got AA and MDS, but not PNH. They say that ATG would definitely not work for me again, so now they're pushing forward with a BMT asap, which is in three months' time, proving a donor can be found.

In the meantime, on top of all the transfusions visits, my fiance and I also have to go in loads for IVF treatments to harvest and freeze embryos since I'm told the chemo will most certainly make natural conception impossible afterwards. I'm only 29, and getting married in September (hopefully still!), so this is a major jolt to our future family plans.

But I got to see the dedicated transplant unit at Kings and it is FANTASTIC. I can see know why it's the place in the UK for BMT. It's scary to think about, but at least I know I'll be in the best possible care.