View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 29, 2013, 05:42 PM

I think your body adapts and you get used to functioning at a different level of normal.

Other than that, can you apply for time off or reduced hours and have your income protection isurancev(with your superannuation) make up the difference in pay?

I had income protection insurance for a year (was entitled to two years) but my doctor wrote a report saying my condition was permanent and terminal. The income protection people dropped me like a hot potato, deemed me totally and permanently disabled and forced me to take my super payout. I intended going back to work but because I'd been declared TPD I wasn't permitted to return.

I live on the DSP now and it's not too bad. It's not means or income tested so any savings, assets or investments you have don't affect the pension. I wanted to work for the pension (paid or voluntary) but Centrelink said no. I was too unsafe for any employer to have around. I could fall or faint or something. It's annoying when you want to give something back for your pension and you're not allowed. No wonder Australia has such a huge social welfare burden.

Did you see the news where this family of two parents and four kids were sleeping in a car in a car park. The woman is pregnant again (there goes another $5000 baby bonus.....for the benefit of overseas forum members....people get $5000 every time they have a baby) and neither of them work. They were complaining about having to live like that. They CHOSE to leave a stable home in another State and come to Queensland with no job or house to come to but now they are going to be given a Government funded house. They already receive $900 a week in social welfare payments and more when the new baby is born. They were asked if it was a good idea to have another baby considering their living arrangements. They basically just shrugged their shoulders and said that they "have enough love for them all". In my opinion a job and financial security would be a good starting point.

I like Judge Judy...if you can't afford a child....keep it zipped.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion