View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 25, 2012, 04:08 AM

Induction chemo - how long until your bone marrow regenerates?

Merry Christmas everyone! I am currently day 27 of my induction chemo and all hope of being out of hospital for Christmas is not even close! Currently, I have no neutrophils and still requiring blood & platelets on average every second day. I have had numerous and consistent fevers, had reactions to 4 different antibiotics but finally on two antibiotics and an iv anti fungal that seems to have bought down the fevers. A biopsy last Thursday showed my bone marrow is empty. So anyone out there that has gone through induction chemo, how long before your neutrophils started to show up? And then how long until they have reached 1.0? Feeling a tad disheartened! However at least doctors let me go for a few hours to at least see the kids open their presents. So wonderful to be out in fresh air again! Thanks for listening! Hope everyone can find abit of magic this Christmas! Sharnie.