View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 15, 2012, 12:31 AM

plt issues

hi slip up 2 and everyone out there. In feb of this year my platlets start dropping out of no where, im in the best shape of my life. i have kaiser ins. i had my cbc done and they notice my platlets where low and going down. 2 weeks later i was getting a transfusion of platlets. until this day i have gotten transfusion every week. im waiting for them to find a donor to get a BMT. meanwhile at first they thought i had ITP we did all the treatment and nothing worked. then they said i have aplastic anemia and we started immune supressent drugs. i've been on promata, cycllosporine and now taking epogen shots because they say my HGB are dropping. i've had 4 bone marrow biopsy and now their claiming my red cells look like MDS. Therefore, 9/24/12 im starting chemo therapy using vidaza. i quess we spent 6 months trying plt building drugs and IS therapy and nothing work i still get transfusions once a week to stay alive. Now they want to try chemo. my wbc usually stay around 3.5-4.6 HGB will go down to 8 then they will give me 1 unit of red blood, that will last for 2 months then im back at 8. my platlets last 7 days from the 2 units they give me. anyone out there with simlar problems. i would love to hear from you. oh im 42.