Thread: Results are in!
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 16, 2011, 01:02 PM

Congratulations!

Congratulations on the great results! I read your blog update and agree with you completely about doctors. I speak to my doctors as peers and expect them to do the same. If they don't, it's time to find a new doctor. I've never had experiences as bad as yours - of course you were livid, rightfully so. Overall, I've had great experiences through my last couple of years. My local hematologist is fantastic. My transplant doctor at Johns Hopkins is not my favorite but he is okay. Every time I start to feel negative about him being too busy or too breezy, he seems to redeem himself with a follow-up or comment unprompted by me. My clinical trial doctor couldn't have been better. My oncologist and nurse practitioner at University of Maryland were both super. More recently, I've spent a couple of weeks back and forth at NIH as part of a GVHD study. ALL of the doctors and staff there have been amazing. I'm a patient with LOTS of questions, and I want to know everything that's going on with my treatment, including all the why's. I also want to know the potential outcomes, both good and bad, best case, worst case, and average. If you do relocate to Maryland, I think you're going to be a lot happier with your medical options than you have been where you are currently.
Karen, age 62, dx MDS RAEB-2 1/8/10: pancytopenia WBC 2.7k/Hgb 7.4/Hct 22.1/Plt 19k; complex cytogenetics -3,del(5)(q14q33),-6,+8,+mar,17% blasts. MUD BMT Johns Hopkins 11/30/10. Dx tongue cancer 8/31/12. ok now. blog mausmarrow.com