Thread: Results are in!
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 17, 2011, 10:56 AM

Andrya,

I heartily second Karen's sentiments. It is an unfortunate part of the culture of medicine that it can foster a certain level of arrogance in practitioners, along with an assumption that regular folks like their patients can't really understand their illness. But your doctors seem to be particularly Neanderthal in that regard. It's fortunate that your move gives you a good excuse to dump them and start over.

I believe this attitude is rapidly changing among health care practitioners, and my experience has definitely been more like Karen's: doctors who are happy to explain as much as I am able to take in, and who welcome questions and feedback. And, believe me, I have plenty of questions.

I hope you will find much more receptive docs in MD. Good luck with your move -- and congratulations on your great results so far.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com