View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janire View Post
Mmmm....in the forums I read things and my doctor tell me the contrary. I have a 9/10 match and the mismatch in the Hla-A. I asked my doctor for this and he told me that it is the same where the mismatch is so...i am now more confused. Apart from this, for AA a bmt is better and my donor can only donate SCT. I need more opinions.

My Hla-a is 03:01 and my donor hla-a is 30:01.....
Hi Janire,
I think your doctor is trying to avoid having you worry about the details but if he told you all mismatches are the same, in other words, have the same outcome, he or she is incorrect.

Bone marrow would be a better source than peripheral stem cells, especially given the A mismatch. Bone marrow engrafts sooner and has a reduced risk of non-engraftment and acute+/-chronic GVH.

Now, having said all of this, there have been and will continue to be many successful and uncomplicated BMT despite HLA mismatches.
Nicole, mom to Evan (20); diagnosed SAA November 2007, hATG mid-November 2007, no response after 6 months, unrelated 9/10 BMT June 2008, no GVH, health completely restored thanks to our beloved donor Bryan from Tennessee.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanmacneil