View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 5, 2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk007 View Post
I don't think you can test for the protein before transplant. I think after transplantation they can test for it as an early indicator. That's the way I read it.
Not only is there t-cell depletion controversy(because although you might avoid gvhd, it might increase the risk of other things) but also the method used to deplete the t-cells is controversial. There's one drug called Prochymal that's approved in CD but I cant find much info on the clinical trials here.
This is exactly what happened to my husband The protocol that took place after transplant was to decrease his risks of GVHD. It is what I would deem over the top and caused his organ failures and damage to the donated cells causing the clotting disorder. I do not feel they know enough to protect our loved ones from the critical complications that arise after HAPLO the immune system is compromised for such a long period of time that it becomes a race to have the patient graft and begin to grow a immune system before complications become life threatening.

Seek as many opinions as you can in making the decision to move forward with the HAPLO.