View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 09:38 PM

Another visit to Chicago

Hi All,
Just an update. I went back up to the U of Chicago last week. I saw Dr. Van Biesen and Dr. Ramsdale again. Still NO SIGNS of MDS. They are attributing my blood counts to my kidneys. My kidney doc has agreed with this. Dr. Van Biesen believes that I was misdiagnosed. As I have been unable to get my hands on my original bmb slides, this can be definitely proven. The plan for me is to return to Chicago in 6 mos. for another check-up, bloodwork and depending on what those tests show, the possiblity of a final bmb. The good news has taken awhile to sink in for me. Both docs assured me again that I am being closely monitored do not need to worry about MDS. I will still check in from time to time. This forum has been so very helpful. Please know that my thoughts and prayers remain with all who continue to struggle with this disease.
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease