View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 20, 2011, 12:02 PM

Ryan you are a godsend!

I have just found this site having been diagnosed with SAA in the first week of 2011! great start to the new year! not!! I am nearly a young 51 year old female and of course hit the internet with gusto and scared myself nearly to death! But reading all of Ryans input has made me feel human, yes I went on a huge emotional roller coaster, how can this happen to me, I have never knowingly hurt anyone...etc etc. and as a health care professional (occupational therapist) thought I was immune due to all the injections we have to have.
I am naturally a very positive person but having now lost control over my health I could only see the "dark" side. But Ryan you have at least put a more positive bend on the whole thing. So ATG is not a cure....but it can give me a relatively normal life back, with a strong emphasis on infection control and hand hygiene, something I receive annual training on. I wont be able to eat shell fish anymore, but heck thats a small price to pay and all the other things!
So really just wanted to say a big thank you to Ryan, wish I had found him sooner lol xxx Karen