Thread: Losing it
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 25, 2011, 03:10 PM

Kimberly, I second what Nicole is saying. Find a doctor who will talk to you about ATG right away. Depending on your age and whether or not you have a sibling match, you may or may not be a candidate for a BMT, but even if you are, doing a transplant when you've just had a baby seems like a really bad idea to me. The recovery time is just too long, and the restrictions on what you could do during much of that time would not include caring for an infant or small child. You'd be the one needing a caregiver for anywhere from a few months to a year or two (depending on how things go).

ATG, while not exactly easy, is still a much less drastic process and a faster recovery. At the rate your counts are dropping, I see no reason to wait, unless there's something we don't know about. Even so, I can't believe the subject has never even come up! You definitely need a second opinion ASAP.