Thread: BMT or not?
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 28, 2015, 10:50 PM

Question BMT or not?

I was recently diagnosed with AA in July, I was pregnant at the time of diagnosis and after talking it over with my doctors and talking with my family we thought it was best to terminate pregnancy. While pregnant my counts were dropping so fast i had to have several transfusions. Now that Im no longer pregnant my counts are actually a little more stable. My last blood transfusion was on 9/4/15 i have been at 9.3 since and my platelets are 32 which actually went up from 28! last platelet transfusion was on 8/15/15. I have mentioned this to my drs' team and they are looking into it. My doctors feel because of my age and health i am a good candidate for transplant and i have a donor match. (my brother). my thing is i feel like i can afford to look into some other type of treatment being that my counts although are still low but dropping nearly as fast as they once were. Anybody ever heard of such a thing? Any advice or comments? I plan to go this with my dr but in the mean time im just literally lost with this whole thing.