Thread: Blood film
View Single Post
Old Thu May 3, 2018, 12:37 AM

Hello, I thought I’d post an update.

For the first time in over two years my hemoglobin has risen by itself without a blood transfusion. It went from 88 to 99 in two weeks. Also my neutrophils are above 1.5 for the first time since I can remember. Sitting at 2.4...were 1.1 two weeks ago.

My doctor doesn’t really believe the results and thinks there was a mistake but I’m over the moon.

The only downer is that my liver isn’t very happy with abnormal enzymes..not too bad though.

I have a cancer centre appointment tomorrow and for the first time in a long time I’m looking forward to it.

The ONLY thing I’ve been doing differently is changing my diet to include a lot of fruit and vegetables. I normally eat well anyway but I’m going out of my way to snack on raw fruits and vegies even when I’m not hungry. Maybe it’s a co incidence and maybe the blood test result is an anomaly but I’m taking it and runnng with it. Nice to have some good news for a change.

Oh, and the heart failure...it’s only mild, so that too, is not so bad. I recently researched my chromosome abnormality and saw it has been linked to poor prognosis myeloid malignancies..so given that criteria I think I’m doing better than expected. Long may it continue.

Even my dog can tell I’m relieved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3B0DF8FE-70E6-4DA0-93BA-2251EFE43FE7.jpg (61.9 KB, 0 views)