Thread: New MDS
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 27, 2014, 08:48 AM

I agree with Cheryl... I was told 40% are "cured" (then 50% of those have chronic GVHD), 40% relapse and 20% don't make it. However in saying that secondary MDS is harder to treat again. Remember that a lot of the time when stats say you will have x amount of time to live, this is usually an estimate without having any treatment. Scroll through the forums, there are people that have lived many years on various drug regimes. My initial diagnosis told me about 8 months to live and I am still here 2&1/2 years later... Not huge I know but today is my daughter's 7th birthday and every year I see my babies get a year older is a huge blessing!!

Good luck & do all your research... However in the end I stopped looking at statistics and odds (it always seemed, I had the worst odds) because in the end 30% chance of living was always better than 100% death!