View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 23, 2013, 06:11 PM

I think you will be OK. You have your age in your favor. So that is good. Squirrelypoo's story inspired me. It sounds like her transplant worked well for her. The computer is horrific. You should try and read some positive stories. That story made me feel much better. I'm hoping to hear more responses about this transplant prep myself. Please keep in touch. I am in Staten Island. We can chat over the computer and I can keep you in my hopes and prayers too. Good luck to you and your children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Hi everyone, I too are waiting for my transplant which is scheduled for the 6th of march.My conditioning chemo starts on wed. And even though I knew this was coming and use to be so positive, the whole thing terrifies me! However my story is different as I only have an 8/10 match, and have since Nov last year have been in hospital for 12 out of 14 weeks. I transformed from meds to aml and had induction chemo which failed and second lot of chemo (with a stay in icu due to an infection) which has produced remission but no real count recovery & are basically getting platelets every second day and red twice a week. But terrified or not what choice do I have!Like u Cam I have two children 5&8 who need their mum! Good luck everyone and I say grab the chance while you are well. I am already so tired of hospitals & being away from my kids & have lost 8 kilograms so far. But this is my only option so I have a few days to work on my positivity & find some mote inner strength and get this done.