View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 8, 2011, 06:15 PM

Remember me talking about low B12?

I had asked my primary to also check the B12 level because it was severely low before and all I got was 3 shots...

Well it is still severely low...

So now my BMT team is saying my platelets are low because my B12 is low and so therefore it is a medical issue and has NOTHING to do with transplant so there is no reason for them to get involved.

Is it true that low B12 can cause low platelets?

Because I know it can cause anemia and my HGB is 14. So it doesn't make sense to me that my HGB is 14 but my platelets are low....

My MCV is 102.3

Everything else is normal minus my Lymphocytes at 4910...

I can't help but think...high lymphs...low plts...is AA back?...PLTs are the first to drop...high lymphs could be because they are attacking....I tried to explain this to them....and they claimed that it had nothing to do with transplant...it was all related to low B12....

So anyhow...looking up signs for low B12....early, noticebal signs...unusual fatigue (check), faulty digestion (check), no appetite (check), nausea (check)...this is based on internet so not sure if it's true...would this really explain things?....

I don't know what to think or do!!!! And of course they leave it up to me to figure out on my own. I really hate Mayo right now!