View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 08:33 PM

Good question. My assumption was that 1 donor gives 1 unit, too much more than that and they might become anaemic. Ha ha.

Before I became ill, I tried to donate blood but they wouldn't take it because I was anaemic. That was the first time I knew that I had anaemia and I didn't think much about it.

Maybe 1 unit of blood is made up from different donors, but I think they wouldn't like to do that in case they find a disease in the blood and then they have more trouble tracking down the donor. Just a thought.

I have to go to a work meeting now. They want me to retire on my income protection insurance. They are afraid that I might faint and hurt myself at work and then they would be liable. I want to keep working for as long as I can and I resent my employer for putting me through this stress simply to protect themselves "on the off chance" that I faint. I have worked for the same employer for over 22 years and have never made a claim on work insurance. They want loyalty from their employees but lack any form of loyalty TO their employees.

wish me luck.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion