View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 12, 2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
On the oral B12. They have found that high doses of oral B12 to be as effective as injections even with absorption issues. You can even do 5000 mcg daily. It is best to do it on an empty stomach, without any other nutrients, for the best results. Do you know what form of B12 you have? The Methly form is bio-available and would be best.

Jarrow makes a very good sublingual Methyl B12. 1000 and 5000 mcg. You can get them at Whole Foods or online at iherb.com.
Good to know! I will email my primary to see if I can do 5000 mcg daily at least for now. Nice to know about any empty stomach too! The form I got from the pharmacy is rugby brand. Vitamin B-12 Supplement 1000 mcg. On the back is says....Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg %Daily Value 16667%. Calcium 23 mg...2%. Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, steari acid, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate. How do I know if it is Methly form? I will have to run to the whole foods....do you know if insurances will pay for this?

Thanks for the advice...it is GREATLY appreciated!!

Laura