View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 9, 2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
Bebop, that is why the decisions are so difficult as you know. I had absolutely no problem with quality of life issues when taking Vidaza for eight months. The Vidaza did not affect me at all. I doubt if I would be alive today without the Vidaza. That is what makes these decisions so difficult. A person just doesn't know in advance how things will work out.
That's so true Baile. You just don't know how your body is going to react to treatments. It seems like most people opt for them and then have to decide again whether to continue or not. I can't imagine having to make this decision. Nor can I imagine what kind of emotional turmoil Jeff is going through right now. All I can do is be supportive and respect whatever he decides.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I wish you all the very best and am keeping you in my thoughts.
Julie, wife of Jeff, 64 dx: CLL 2008 chemo, complete remission; thrombocytopenia 2010 ATG; RAEB-1 June 2014. Blasts 5%. Tx: prednisone-nope, Vidaza- 6 rounds, Blasts down to >1% but counts still low. Dacogen on hold until counts come up. Declared terminal.