View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 26, 2011, 01:16 PM

Cool

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I just came back from NIH two weeks ago and am now enrolled in the clinical trial for danazol and pulmonary fibrosis. My med history also includes aplastic anemia, telomiere disease, ITP, alopecia, necrosis of the hips, and the occasional brain lesion thrown in for good measure. I have been battling something or other for the past 20 years. During the last two years, all 3 blood lines dropped to dangerous levels. They just now are cpming back finally. Still low but not dangerous anyway. I tried Campath, cyclosporine, ATG, etc. Nothing worked and some almost killed me. I started Danazol yesterday. I saw Dr. Young and Dr. Townsley at NIH. They acknowledge that Danazol works on my condition in the test tube but has not been tested on a human yet. So no promises. Not sure what to expect other than some gaining a bit of muscle mass. I guess this disqualifies me from the Hall of Fame. Does anyone know if Danazol makes your hair grow? My immune system likes to kill my hair. The cyclosporine actually reversed that and it all came back, but, now that I am off of it, I think it's only a matter of time. I know it can grow unwanted hair in women but I see conflicting answers in regards to men. Maybe this drug won't work and I am just delaying the inevitable, but at least I'll look good doing it.
(If you don't laugh, you're going to cry!)