View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 23, 2017, 07:56 AM

MDS post transplant meds: To go generic or not?

Thank you Callie, Rar and Dan, I did the all the above and my green tongue has lightened up to an acceptable yellowish colour. Taste is still off though. Will have to be patient on that one.

Just wanted to update you all on the meds I am taking at the moment nearly 5 months post transplant for MDS RAEB1, donor was my brother. He had HepB antibodies, which I inherited.

Prednisone 5.5mg
cyclosporin 75mg
aciclovir 200mg
eldecalcitol (vit D) bone-density dropped nearly 10 points in 3 months.
Sulfamethoxazole
CIP 200
Entecavir (for HepB)
Rebamipide
Rabeprazole
Voriconazole
Brotizoram (sleeping pills)

Most of the meds I am taking are generic, I chose so because, well, it's cheaper and if the product constituents/ingredients are the same, I wouldn’t mind.
However, some of my friends have advised me against going generic, saying the preserves used in generics might become another burden, eg. allergies etc.

This should be put in the DRUGS forum section, sorry. But anyone taking generics instead of the real thing? I did talk to the Pharmacist, he said, it's my choice, but if it were him, he would stick to the prescription. Maybe I should talk to the doctor. Any ideas?
Meri