View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2012, 07:21 PM

Hi Birgitta
I would have to look at how long I was on Revlimid because I stopped and started again a few times. Started 5 mg every other day; then went 5 mg a day for about a month; then off because of GI issues; then back on since end of Jan @ 5mg every other day.

I found out I need a procedure to remove a blockage in my ureter (tube from bladder to kidney) and not sure if that could affect counts...don't seem to have an infection. Wonder if that is what is also causing distress in my lower abdomen.

Need another PRBS transfusion tomorrow--talked to my Dr about whether Revlimid is counter productive or I need to stick it out....we'll chat again Monday. He's concerned about the low white counts (under 1) and upped my Neupogen to 4x week.

Every day is an adventure!!!!!!!!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly