View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 29, 2012, 11:47 AM

Maria,

My husband is 75 and was just dx with MDS- RAEB-t last month. He only has one kidney, and is in the beginning stages of kidney failure, but luckily he hasn't had any problems yet.

Three weeks ago my husband had his first treatment with Dacogen, he did very good during the treatment, but a few days after his last treatment of the five day cycle all his counts dropped and he had to go in the hospital. He is home now, is numbers are still somewhat low, but they are not dropping anymore.

I can certainly understand how overwhelmed it has to be for you, since you are working full time and raising a family. My husband and I are retired, we don't have any close family, it is just the two of us, and this last month has been so very difficult at times.

You have come to the right place. The people on these boards are so supportive, caring and helpful, they will give you the strength when you think you have no more.

Your mother is so very lucky to have you there for her. I will keep you and your mother in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs are being sent your way.

Patti
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013