View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 20, 2012, 10:48 PM

Linda;
Honey - it's okay to break down. I know at times I feel overwhelmed, and I do cry - because I just look at Earl, and see him wasting away in front of me. My dear friend - whom I also help take care of - gave me a teddy bear - really soft and cuddly - and said if I had to cry, and didn't want Earl to hear - just to bury my face in the bear. And I have - many times.

Regarding Al's cough - do you have a water bottle on his concentrator? Remember, oxygen is a GAS - and can burn his throat - you need it to run through the water so it gets moistened and helps keep his lungs moist. That might be one of the reasons he is coughing so badly. Remedy for that is to have the respiratory people get you a water bottle and use every time he is using the oxygen. You have to use distilled water though.

Cough remedy - other than above - honey, lemon, and a big dose of brown sugar - and just let it dissolve slowly. Now - if you were my Gram - she would add a touch of 'hooch' to it too. She never said whiskey in front of the kids. :P:

Of course - both you and Al are in our prayers - and no need to thank me - I would do anything I could for each of you here.

((((HUGE HUGS))))

Beth