View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 15, 2014, 03:28 PM

Teke, I've heard GVHD can also occur once the immunosuppressive medications are reduced significantly or removed all together. For many, this occurs at around 1 year.

In some cases for localized GVHD, I believe there may be localized treatments available, such as eye drops. The doctor she sees for this should be able to properly evaluate & prescribe what is needed, unless her SAA Dr's suggest more of the Tacro. Perhaps the hospital wants to fully understand the eye issues before treating?

Your wife's & my 1 year date are just 1 day apart (mine is Jan 29). Big milestones for she & I .

Hang in there, it sounds like she's done quite well with no GVHD until now, as have I, so I think we've been very lucky with this. Though I too have on/off concerns about the unknowns of GVHD, I've met a couple of transplant patients who have been treated for various forms of GVHD post 1 year and continue to do extremely well and enjoy life to the fullest. This helps to put me a bit at ease.

Best wishes